In accordaPrivacy Statement
This privacy statement applies to all services of and within Blackberry cars
Registered office; 17 Chester Close, Luton, LU4 9SJ.
Blackberry cars is committed to protecting your information by handling it
responsibly and safeguarding it using appropriate technical, administrative and
physical security measures.
The privacy notice below explains what information we gather about you, what
we use it for and who we share it with. It also sets out your rights and who you
can contact for more information or queries.
This information is relevant to any entity that uses any service in Blackberry
cars including and not exclusively:
• Private hire services
• Passenger transport
We may process information about you, that: (a) you provide to us, (b) that we
obtain from third parties or (c) that is publicly available. This information may
include your name, age, gender, date of birth and contact details. It may also
include ‘sensitive’ or ‘special categories’ of personal data, such as personal
How we use information about you
We collect and process information about you and/or your business to enable
• Offer and provide our services to you.
• To meet our legal or regulatory obligations.
When we send you information we think you might be interested in, you have
the right to unsubscribe at any time by contacting us or by following the
unsubscribe instructions in our communications.
We may share information within Blackberry cars of companies and products
unless consent is specifically withheld.
We are compliant with and subject to all data protection laws up to and
including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) legislation. Your
rights under data protection laws include the right to: 1) request copies of your
data; 2) request correction of your data; 3) request erasure of your data; 4)
object to us processing your data; and 5) ask us to restrict the processing.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and handling your information
openly and transparently.
This privacy statement explains how we will collect, handle, store and protect
information about you when:
• providing services to you or our clients;
• you use our Website; or
• performing any other activities that form part of the operation of our
When we refer to “our Website” or “this Website”, we mean the specific
webpages of Blackberry cars including:
In this privacy statement, your information is sometimes called “personal
data”. We may also refer to “processing” your data, which includes handling,
collecting, protecting and storing it.
What personal data we collect
We may collect, record and use your personal data in physical and electronic
form, and will hold, use and otherwise process that data in line with the Data
Protection Legislation and as set out in this statement.
We may also collect personal data from you when you use this Website.
We may process your data because:
• you give it to us.
• other people give it to us.
• it is publicly available.
We may process personal data from you from the way you interact with us or
files stored in a user’s browser) or Web beacons to collect personal data.
The personal data we process may include your:
• name, gender, age and date of birth;
• address, email, and mobile phone number;
• lifestyle and social circumstances
• family circumstances (marital status and dependents);
• financial and tax-related information
• IP address, browser type
• information in any complaints you make;
• details of how you use our products and services;
• details of how you like to interact with us, and other similar
information relevant to our relationship.
• sexual orientation (for example, if you provide us with details of
your spouse or partner).
If you choose not to provide, or object to us processing, the information we
collect, we may not be able to process your instructions or continue to provide
some or all our services to you or our client.
Personal data provided by or about third parties
When our client or another third party gives us personal data about you, we
make sure they have complied with the relevant privacy laws and regulations.
This may include, for example, that the client or other third party has informed
you of the processing and has obtained any necessary permission for us to
process that information as described in this privacy statement.
If any information you give us relates to a third party (such as a spouse,
financial dependent, or joint account holder), by providing us with such
personal data you confirm that, in line with the above provisions, you have
obtained any necessary permission to use it or are otherwise permitted to give
it to us.
We may use your personal data to conduct due diligence checks relating to our
services, or for other activities that form part of the operation of our business
We may also use your personal data in connection with:
• legal or regulatory requirements;
• requests and communications from competent authorities;
• client account opening and other administrative tasks;
• relationship management, which may involve:
(a) sending you details of our products and services;
(b) contacting you for feedback on services;
(c) sending you event invitations; and
(d) other marketing or research purposes.
Recruitment and business development
The use of your data for these purposes may involve
(a) the use of testimonials from a third party business development materials
(b) the use of third-party data sources to help us verify and improve the
information we hold about key business relationships with individuals,
investigating or preventing security incidents or protecting our rights and those
of our clients.
Use of personal data collected via our Website
In addition to the above, we may also use your personal data collected.
• To ensure the correct booking of journeys
• to manage and improve our service offering
• to tailor the content of our booking procedure or online
• to give you a more personalised experience;
• to draw your attention to information about our products and
services that may be of interest to you; or
• to manage and respond to any request you submit
We are required set out in this privacy statement the legal grounds on which
we rely to process your personal data. We rely on one or more of the following
• you have explicitly agreed to us processing your information for a
• the processing is necessary to perform the agreement we have
with you or to take steps to enter into an agreement with you;
• the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
we have such as keeping records for tax purposes or providing
information to a public body or law enforcement agency; or
• the processing is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate
interest pursued by us or a third party, which might be:
(a) to provide our services to you or our clients and other third parties and
ensure that our client engagements are well-managed;
(b) to prevent fraud;
(c) to protect our business interests;
(d) to ensure that complaints are investigated;
(e) to evaluate, develop or improve our services or products; or
To the extent that we process any special categories of data relating to you for
any of the purposes outlined above, we will do so because:
• you have given us your explicit consent to process that data;
• we are required by law to process that data to ensure we meet
our ‘know your client’ and ‘anti-money laundering’ obligations (or
other legal obligations imposed on us);
• the processing is necessary to carry out our obligations under
employment, social security or social protection law;
• the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or
defence of legal claims; or
• you have made the data manifestly public.
Please note that in certain circumstances it may be still lawful for us to
continue processing your information even where you have withdrawn your
consent, if one of the other legal bases described above is applicable.
We do access and offer access to various online entities, such as blogs,
forums, and other social media applications or services that allow you to share
content with other users (collectively “Social Media Applications”). Any
personal data that you contribute to these Social Media Applications can be
read, collected and used by other users of the application. We have little or no
control over these other users, so any information you contribute to these
Social Media Applications might not be handled in line with this privacy
How long we keep your personal data for
We seek to ensure that we only keep your personal data for the longest of:
• the period necessary for the relevant activity or services;
• any retention period that is required by law; or
• the period in which litigation or investigations might arise in
• respect of the services.
Changes to this privacy statement
We may modify or amend this privacy statement from time to time. We
encourage you to review this statement periodically to remain informed about
how we are protecting your information.
If you have any questions or comments about privacy issues, or wish to
exercise any of the rights set out above, please write to Data Protection
Officer, Blackberry cars, 17 Chester Close, Luton, LU4 9SJ
Right to complain
If you wish to raise a complaint about how we are using your information,
exercise any of the rights set out above, or if you have any questions or
comments about privacy issues, you can contact us at the above address.
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which
regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, on 0303 123 1113.
You have various rights in relation to your personal data. You have a right to:
• obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal data
and request a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
• be informed about the processing of your personal data (i.e. for
what purposes, what types, to what recipients it is disclosed,
storage periods, any third-party sources from where it was
obtained, confirmation of whether we undertake automated
decision-making, including profiling, and the logic, significance
and envisaged consequences);
• ask that we update the personal data we hold about you, or
correct such personal data that you think is incorrect or
• ask that we delete personal data that we hold about you, or
restrict the way in which we use such personal data; withdraw
consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent
such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
• receive a copy of the personal data concerning you, which you
have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and
machine-readable format and to transmit such personal data to
another party (to the extent the processing is based on consent
or a contract);
• ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages at any
time by using the contact details in section 13 below; and
• object to our processing of your personal data.
If you would like to see a copy of your personal data, you must ask us in
writing. We will try to respond within a reasonable period, and in any event
within one month in line with Data Protection Legislation. We will comply with
our legal obligations about your rights as a data subject.
To help us ensure that your information is up to date, let us know if any of your
personal details change. Email address: Bookings@blackberrycars.comnce with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation, this policy sets out the obligations of Blackberry Cars Ltd (“We” “the Company”) in relation to the personal data we use, including our obligations in respect to the way in which we process, store and protect personal data.
We believe that our approach complies with the UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
What personal data do we hold?
The data we may collect and process is as follows:
- Information that you provide to us over the telephone, via our website (www.BlackberryCars.com) or via email.
- This includes information provided by you at the time of making a booking for our services, requesting a quotation from us, or for any other purpose such as making a complaint about our services, or reporting a problem with our website.
- This data may include your name, email address, phone number and also details of transactions you carry out with us, and of the fulfillment of your bookings.
- When you contact us we me may keep a record of all correspondence, and if you contact us by telephone your call may be recorded.
- Where you have provided telephone or email details to us, we will assume that you consent to us using those methods when we need to contact you.
In addition we may collect the following data that cannot identify any individual
- Information about your computer including, where available, operating system, browser type and device type. This information is collected for statistical purposes to facilitate studies of our users’ browsing patterns and habits. It does not identify any individual.
How do we obtain personal data
- Personal data is obtained from our customers themselves. The data we hold consists of the data they have provided to us when making their bookings etc.
How long do we store your personal data for
- Personal data is stored for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose it was provided for, and also to fulfill our obligations with regard to legal, reporting and accounting requirements.
How do we look after your personal data
All personal data that we hold is confidential and held securely. Most of the data we hold is in a secure cloud database
How do we use personal data, and the purpose of data processing
- To carry out our obligations arising from any bookings that you have made with us (this will include sharing the data with a self employed driver who will carry out your booking)
- Sharing such information with a third party fulfilment company for the purpose of fulfilling a booking requested by you which is not being carried out by us
- We may ask you for feedback and reviews of our services, but you do not need to respond to these requests.
- We may contact you with special offers and news from time to time. We will only contact you for this purpose if you have given us permission when you contacted us.
- To process any payments from you.
- Legal and regulatory obligations
The legal bases on which we rely for processing your personal data are as follows
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract which you have with us
- Processing is by clear consent
- Processing is necessary for compliance with legal or regulatory obligations
What are your rights?
You have the right at any time to access and verify the personal data we hold about you by requesting a free copy by post or telephone. Should you wish to receive a copy of this please contact Data Controller at Blackberry Cars Ltd, Unit 10, 6-16 Arbutus Street, London, E8 4DT or telephone 0207254334.
Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we fulfil and personal data request. We will endeavour to reply to your request within 30 days of receipt of your request. We may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may retain archived copies of your information as required by low or for legitimate business purposes.
Should you have a complaint as to how we have used your personal data, you have the right to raise concerns with the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws.
We would ask that you offer us the opportunity to address your concerns in the first instance.
Privacy & Cookies
The cookies we use are used to collect anonymous information about how you use our website. This information is used to help us improve our. In some case we use trusted third parties to collect this information for us which may include recording your use of our website but they only use the information for the purposes explained. By using our websites, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Managing cookies – If you’d prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from Blackberry Cars, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you choose to disable all cookies we cannot guarantee the performance of our website and some features may not work as expected.
Links to other websites – This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice
We will keep this privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates here.